Saturday, November 13, 2004

I am not his girlfriend anymore!

That's it, I am not Mike's girlfriend anymore... I am his fiancée. I am so excited Mike asked me to marry him today! Very simply, after a nice walk by the river and a French toast breakfast, he comes from behind and hugs me. He asks "Would you marry me?" I answered " You know I want to marry you" he replies " this is the real question" I turn around and he presents me with THE little box... the ring is perfect, I would not been able to pick better. I looked on the internet to try to find one that would look like it and I could link it but nothing looks like it, Wonderful! He is not shaved and in jeans, he told me "here I am, that is what you are going to have everyday for the rest of you life, I am not going to change" It is what you see is what you get with him and I am happy about it. We have a very long hug and I asked him if he was sure about his decision and he say "yes". We started talking about what we wanted for the wedding, before the proposal I felt it was almost taboo. I did not want him to feel pressure to get married from me. There is a lot of things that we both want. His dad called a little later and we invited him over to let him know about the news. I called my dad to let him know too. he was happy for us and congratulated us. I can't wait to see him I could not wait to show my ring to somebody and his dad took forever to arrive. I can't stop looking at my ring, it is so pretty... When he finally showed up, Mike was not there he went for a run. I wanted to let him announce it to his dad so we waited for him. When he showed up, I put my ring on and he told his dad. Tony got a few discrete tears. He is really happy for us. Mike and I went for dinner to a nice Indian restaurant, Little Indian Café, delicious as usual and went to see a movie: The Incredibles... Not romantic, very good animation film. We had a great time... as usual! I don't feel different... yet ;o) On the way home, I called my sister and my brother to let them know the great news, they were at my dad's. They congratulated us but Maxime D had to say " Are we going to be invited?" ... no comments. My Max broke up with his girlfriend what a bad timing for a celebration. We talked for a while, I think he will be fine. I was a little worried, I thought that she would have been the one who would have broke up but it seems like it is him. It is a weird timing because we met about the same time as them... I guess it was a turning point for each of our relationships.