Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Meditation progress

Just over a week now that I am meditating… almost every morning and some nights. I know almost but I skipped only one, I am just too honest. Nights are difficult because I often do things then I get home and I am so hungry, I don’t want to wait and meditate.
I already saw some changes though; yesterday, I felt a giggle in my heart, just happiness without any reason really so I think it is from meditating.
Right now my meditation is about 20 minutes, I read a little before to quiet down, then I do an exercise where you focus on the top on the head repeating simplicity 7 times, then heart with sincerity, after it is the navel with purity, finally the 3rd eye with surety. After that you start again with 3 times saying I am simple, I am sincere, I am pure and I am sure. After that I either look at a flame or breathing techniques.
I think I am thoughtless for about a couple minutes every times, that’s cool!
I am reading the meditation book by Sri Chinmoy… after that I will look for something about prayers that is what I will need to add to my practice.